Located in West Los Angeles, the Law Offices of Ronald M. Papell represents clients throughout Southern California in personal injury cases, including claims resulting in death to a relative or injuries arising from auto, motorcycle, bicycle, and truck accidents, falls or other injuries occurring on public or private property, injuries resulting from dog bites or resulting from defective products including automobiles, drugs or consumer products of any kind or description. Whether your case involves procuring a settlement to cover medical expenses and compensation for pain and suffering or fair compensation from an insurance company or other defendants due to the loss of a loved one, attorney Ron Papell possesses the experience and skill to move your case swiftly toward settlement and, if necessary, trial.
People injured by the negligence or wrongful acts of another are entitled to compensation. Generally, injured plaintiffs may recover for economic damages, such as medical expenses and lost wages, as well as less tangible damages, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and emotional distress. Please see the verdicts and settlements page for more information regarding Ron’s experience handling personal injury cases. Claims may involve:
- Auto accidents – When navigating California’s crowded roads and freeways, you are constantly vulnerable to the behaviors of the drivers around you. Unfortunately, those with whom you share the road often disobey traffic laws or make poor decisions behind the wheel. If your accident was caused by another driver’s negligence or traffic violation, Ron will help you receive compensation for your economic and non-economic losses.
- Truck accidents – This firm has significant experience advocating on behalf of clients involved in accidents with commercial vehicles, which often result in serious injuries and damage due to the trucks’ weight and size. If the negligence or recklessness of a truck driver or trucking company caused your injury or the loss of a loved one, you may be eligible to recover monetary compensation.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to serious accidents and injuries because car and truck drivers often fail to look out for smaller vehicles. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover for medical expenses as well as other resulting damages.
- Pedestrian accidents – When cars hit pedestrians, there is great potential for serious injuries, such as multiple broken bones, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and in some cases, death. Pedestrian accidents often occur because of driver negligence, such as failure to observe posted speed limits or stop signs, failure to yield the right of way to pedestrians, and general inattentive and preoccupied driving.
- Slip and fall accidents / Premises liability – Property owners have a duty to make their property safe by repairing known dangers or warning others of such dangers in order to prevent foreseeable injuries. If a property owner breaches this duty, he or she may be found to be negligent and may be held liable for injuries resulting from such negligence.
- Dog Bites – Under California Law the owner of a dog is strictly liable for injuries inflicted on any person while in a public place or lawfully in a private place. The owner will be liable even if the dog had not bitten anyone previously. Moreover, the person having custody of a dog may he held liable even though he is not the owner.
- Elder abuse – California’s Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act imposes criminal sanctions as well as civil liabilities against individual abusers and nursing homes in cases of elder abuse. Under this law, abuse includes physical abuse and neglect, as well as financial abuse, abandonment, isolation, deprivation of necessary goods or services, or other treatment resulting in physical harm, pain, or mental suffering.
- Products liability – Manufacturers, distributors, and sellers have a responsibility to the consuming public to deliver products that are free of potentially dangerous defects. If producers discover that their product is defective after having introduced it into the marketplace, they have the duty to warn consumers of the defect and fix the problem. If you were injured by a faulty product, and you were using the product for its intended purpose, you may have a valid products liability claim.
- Medical malpractice / Medical negligence / Professional liability – If you or a loved one suffered an injury or wrongful death because a health care provider failed to perform according to the medical community’s accepted standards of practice, this firm has extensive experience handling complex medical cases, including claims involving birth injuries, drug prescriptions, and negligent care.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one as a result of any kind of accident the firm can help you receive compensation for both economic and non-economic losses. A legitimate wrongful death claim may entitle family members to significant compensation. Please see the verdicts and settlements page for examples of cases in which the firm obtained substantial recovery on behalf of family members.
Business torts / Insurance bad faith
When in need of medical care due to an accident or illness, individuals generally contact their own insurance company and/or the at-fault party’s insurer in order to recover for resulting medical expenses and property damage. Unfortunately, receiving fair compensation can be difficult because insurance companies seek to minimize payouts to policyholders.
This firm understands how to deal with insurance companies and works to maximize recovery for clients. Ron has extensive experience assisting clients with various types of insurance coverage matters, including insurance bad faith, which may involve wrongful claim denial, unreasonable withholding of payments, or failure to properly or thoroughly investigate a claim.
Employment Discrimination / Sexual harassment / Wrongful termination
In almost all job-related actions, including interviewing, hiring, promoting, and firing, federal and California laws protect employees from unlawful discrimination on the basis of any of the laws’ specified protected categories, such as race, age, gender, and religion.
Sexual harassment is a form of workplace discrimination that may involve conditioning a favorable job action, such as a promotion, or an unfavorable job action, such as termination, on a subordinate’s acceptance or refusal of sexual advances. Sexual harassment also includes harassment by peers or the creation of a hostile work environment, which refers to an intimidating atmosphere that interferes with job performance.
Mediation and Arbitration
Mr. Papell serves as a professional mediator in all areas of personal injury including medical malpractice and products liability. He also hears mediations regarding insurance issues including Bad Faith. Attorneys and insurance company representatives are welcome to contact Mr Papell to schedule mediations at his office.
While litigation is sometimes unavoidable, it can be costly and time-consuming. Mediation and Arbitration are two alternatives to dispute resolution that can potentially allow parties to achieve balanced and effective results with less expenditure of time and money.
Ron is an experienced mediator and arbitrator who hears cases of other attorneys and has rendered awards and led the parties to settlements in hundreds of cases. As a result, Ron is considered an expert in dispute resolution with decades of experience guiding his own clients through mediation and arbitration to outstanding results. In many cases, resolution of claims through the mediation and arbitration forums allows for recoveries that are quicker and less expensive resulting in better results for clients.
Personal, Experienced Representation
Ron Papell is dedicated to helping injured victims and surviving family members recover compensation after an accident. This firm handles all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you do not pay any attorney’s fees until you successfully obtain a recovery and any fees are deducted from the settlement. You will never pay Ron for a consultation. Contact the Law Offices of Ron Papell for personal and experienced representation.